Current Conditions In The Ole North State

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Gosh, we are really living in times that try men's soul!

  • While posting on another site today; I realized how really divided and uncivil our society has become.  The discourse, even on literary sites is becoming quite acidic! 
  • As hard as I try, I can't seem to escape the purtified culture of our society of today. Why can't people learn to conduct discussions in an intellectual and civil manner.
  • American film and TV has become so dumbed down that I try to buy my own film/TV programing ( British ).
  • I am learning to look at all British Literature anew and to read non-fiction ( American History ) pre-1990's for the American History genre. I have chosen to search out used book stores and websites like abebooks for my pre-1990's history texts/books. I don't like to read the new revisionists history being written today.
  • I am now a convert to audio books -- really like them in addition to print editions. I haven't become interested in ebooks yet......still like the feel of printed volumes. How can one enjoy a library of only ebooks and audio books. I couldn't display them in my home book room / library.
  • Enough musing for this post.......I'm thinking of using this blog as a journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment